Where to Park, Shop and Dine at LAX
Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) serves LA and its surrounding metropolitan area in southern California. Located in the Westchester district in the city of Los Angeles, the airport is owned and operated by an agency within the city’s government and covers 3,500 acres. LAX is the world’s fourth busiest, and the U.S.’s third busiest airport. The airport, known for its distinctive, futuristic Googie-style Theme Building, was constructed in 1961, and resembles a flying saucer with four legs. The Los Angeles City Council designated the building a historic cultural monument in 1992. This will be your port of call when you arrive in California for your Disneyland Vacation .
LAX has nine passenger terminals with a total of 146 gates arranged in a horseshoe shape.
Ride share rules are continually updated. Make sure you are up to date on where to find taxi pick-up and ride share app pick-up locations.
Airlines are located within terminals throughout LAX in the following configuration:
- Terminal 1 - Occupied by Allegiant Air, Sun Country, and Viva Aerobus for passenger check-in, and Southwest for international passenger check-in. Southwest Airlines operates domestic flights out of Terminal 1.
- Terminal 2 - West Jet passengers can check in at Terminal 2 for departure at Terminal 3 gates. Gates 20 through 28 are Delta Airlines departure gates.
- Terminal 3 - Delta Air Lines, Aeromexico check-in and departures are from Terminal 3 and West Jet departures are here.
- Terminal 4 - Occupied by American Airlines.
- Terminal 5 - Occupied by Air Canada, American Airlines, JetBlue, and Spirit Airlines.
- Terminal 6 - Occupied by Alaska Airlines, Air Canada, Boutique Air, Mokulele Airlines, and Horizon. There are tunnels connecting Terminals 4, 5, and 6.
- Terminal 7 - Occupied by United and United Express.
- Terminal 8 - Occupied by United and United Express.
- Tom Bradley International Terminal (Terminal B) - Occupied by Aeroflot, Air China, Air France, Air New Zealand, Air Tahiti Nui, Alitalia, All Nippon Airways, Allegiant Air, Asiana Airlines, Austrian Airlines, British Airways, Cathay Pacific Airways, China Airlines, China Eastern Airlines, China Southern Airlines, Delta Air Lines, EVA Air, El Al, Emirates, Etihad Airways, Fiji Airways, Finnair, Hainan Airlines, Iberia, Japan Airlines, JetBlue, KLM, Korean Air, LATAM, LOT Polish Airlines, Lufthansa, Norwegian Air Shuttle, Philippine Airlines, Qantas, Qatar Airways, Saudia, Scandinavian Airlines, Sichuan Airlines, Singapore Airlines, Sun Country, Swiss International Air Lines, Turkish Airlines, XiamenAir, VivaAerobus, Virgin Atlantic, Volaris.
AIRPORT DINING AND AMENITIES
LAX features several dining and shopping options that offer local fare, well-loved American classics, and global cuisine. Find a full list of airport dining options here .
PARKING AT LAX
With two convenient locations, parking near LAX with The Parking Spot makes the car-to-air transfer a breeze! We help travelers find the best, most convenient and most cost-effective parking option. Find easy access to ample parking either south and east of LAX through The Parking Spot Century, or north and west of the airport at The Parking Spot Sepulveda. On average, parking with The Parking Spot is up to 40% less expensive than parking at the airport. Both lots are within mere minutes from LAX, and include complimentary door-to-door shuttle service. Off-Site LAX Parking with The Parking Spot also includes:
- Access to the lowest rates via reservation and pre-pay on The Parking Spot app or TheParkingSpot.com.
- 24/7 on-call shuttle service
- Shuttle tracking through The Parking Spot app
- Luggage assistance
- Free bottled water
- Soft Hands Car Care for select parking types
- EV charging stations
- Covered and uncovered parking options
- Open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
- Express check-in and check-out through The Parking Spot app
- Accepts reservations to save a spot ahead of time
- Valet Parking with premium service and your car waiting upon your return
HOTELS NEAR LAX
Planning a quick jaunt to the City of Angels? There are ample hotels within close proximity to LAX:
- Hyatt Regency Los Angeles International Airport
- 6225 W. Century Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90045
- Ph: 1.888.298.5628
- Courtyard Los Angeles LAX/Century Boulevard
- 6161 W. Century Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90045
- Ph.: +1.844.631.0595
- H Hotel Los Angeles, Curio Collection by Hilton
- 6151 W. Century Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90045
- Ph.: +1.310.215.3000
LAX AIRPORT ATTRACTIONS
The Theme Building is currently the home to the Bob Hope USO, which moved into the location in 2018. After September 11, 2001, the observation level of the building was closed for security reasons, but was reopened after a major restoration in 2010 for weekend visitors. The building also houses a memorial to the victims of 9/11. Located in the LAX Imperial Terminal, adjacent to the airport’s airfield, the Flight Path Museum & Learning Center is a nonprofit, community based organization honoring aviation pioneers, recognizing the economic importance of the aviation industry and aerospace on southern California’s economy, and encouraging youth to pursue careers in aviation-related fields.
ATTRACTIONS NEAR LAX
- In-N-Out Burger (9149 S. Sepulveda Blvd.) is perfect for a quintessential LA burger and shake. Try favorites like the Double-Double and Animal Style french fries and watch planes overhead from their outdoor seating area. (0.5 miles from LAX)
- Automobile Driving Museum (610 Lairport St., El Segundo, CA) has a rotating collection of classic, vintage and antique cars for car enthusiasts to enjoy. (1.9 miles from LAX)
- Marina del Rey is home to one of the largest man-made small boat harbors in the U.S. Take a walk, enjoy the sunshine, and relax right on the ocean’s edge. (6.1 miles from LAX)
- Venice Beach Boardwalk (1800 Ocean Front Walk, Venice, CA) was once dubbed the “Coney Island of the Pacific” because of its famous, pedestrian-friendly walkway. From encountering bodybuilders to tarot card readers, you’re guaranteed to have an eccentric experience at the boardwalk. (6.6 miles from LAX)
Q. How big is LAX?
A. LAX has nine terminals that form a horseshoe with a total of 146 gates.
Q. Does LAX have a USO?
A. LAX has a USO. The Bob Hope USO Center is one of six LAX USO locations that is open from 1000 to 2200. It is located in the Theme building on the ground floor.
Q. Where is TSA Precheck located?
A. TSA precheck is available for almost all airlines at LAX. The precheck office is located in Terminal 1 of the airport.
Q. How busy is LAX?
A. Over 1,600 flights go through LAX on a weekly basis. In 2023, nearly 88 million travelers will have arrived at or departed from the airport.
Q. Can my pet fly at LAX?
A. Pets can fly through LAX. Dogs must always be on a leash outside the fenced-in relief area. Dogs must travel via pet carriers.
Q. How early should I arrive for my flight at LAX?
A. When flying out of LAX, travelers should arrive two hours before a domestic flight and three hours before an international flight.
Q. What can’t I take through TSA?
A. Any liquids over 3.4oz, ammunition, and sporting goods are not allowed through TSA.
Q. Can I vape or smoke at LAX?
A. LAX does not allow vaping in any of the terminals. There is a smoking area located within the international terminal.
Q. Where can I park at LAX?
A. There are many different on and off-site parking options on or near LAX. With two convenient locations, parking near LAX with The Parking Spot makes the car-to-air transfer a breeze!