Click on one of the links below to jump to a specific section:
10. Location Data
13. Your Choices
15. Contact Us
The Websites and Apps collect both personal information and non-personal or aggregate information from and about you.
“Personal information” is information by which you can be personally identified or contacted, and may include your name, email address, mailing address, telephone number(s), username, and credit/debit card number and related payment information. Personal information also may include information that may not be personally identifiable standing alone (for example, your reservation dates), but which may become personally identifiable when combined with personal information (for example, your reservation dates combined with your name). Many pages and features on our Websites and Apps can be visited and used without providing any personal information. For other pages, functionalities and services, you may be prompted or invited to provide certain personal information.
Information is collected from and about you on the Website and Apps through various means, including directly from you when you provide it (for example, via forms that you fill out on the Websites and Apps, through emails and other communications and information that you submit via the Websites and Apps, and through your other activities on the Websites and Apps), and automatically as you navigate through and interact with the Websites, Apps and their content (including via cookies, anonymous identifiers, pixel tags, beacons, scripts, and other tracking technologies).
Information You Choose to Provide
We collect information that you choose to provide when you use the Websites and Apps to learn about and use our services, including when you make parking and car care reservations with us, join our loyalty programs, manage your account, request quotes, support or answers to specific questions, subscribe to receive promotional emails, coupons and other information, fill out forms on the Websites and Apps, respond to surveys, and register for and participate in contests and other promotional opportunities. Some of the types of information that we may collect from you include:
- Your first name, last name and middle initial;
- Your email address;
- Your home and/or business address;
- Your telephone number(s);
- Your username and password for membership in our loyalty programs;
- Your payment information;
- Your parking and car care reservation and purchase history with us;
- Your preferred The Parking Spot facility;
- Details regarding the activities and transactions you carry out through our Websites and Apps, your preferences and the fulfillment of your requests;
- Details and copies of our communications and correspondence with you (including email addresses that you use to correspond with us);
- Location information, including your geolocation (click here to learn more about how we use and share location information that you choose to provide on our mobile Website and through our Apps);
- Your search queries on the Websites and in the Apps; and
- Any other information you choose to provide.
When you visit, navigate through and interact with the Websites, Apps and their content (including ads), we, our service providers and other third parties may use technologies (such as cookies, anonymous identifiers, pixels, web beacons, scripts, and other technologies) to automatically collect information about you, your equipment, and your activities on the Websites and Apps. This information includes, but is not limited to: (i) information about your computer, devices and Internet connection when you use the Websites and Apps (such as your device type, browser type, IP address, a mobile identifier associated with a mobile device (such as Apple IDFA and Android Ad ID), and the area of the country where you are located (but not your precise geographic location)); (ii) certain information about your activities while using our Websites and Apps (such as your referring website, click stream data, the search terms you use, your movement within and interaction with the Websites and Apps, the pages and features you access, use or visit on the Websites, the links and ads that you click, and the length of time you spend using the Websites and Apps); and (iii) other information collected by cookies, pixels, web beacons, scripts, and other tracking technologies. To learn more about cookies, pixels, web beacons and other similar technologies, click here to go to the “Cookies and Other Technologies” section below.
We may freely use non-personal information or aggregate information for any lawful purpose. We also may use your personal information for various purposes. In general, we use information, including personal information, from and about you:
- To develop, deliver, provide and improve our Websites, Apps, services and content;
- To accommodate your preferences and to customize your experience with our Websites and Apps;
- To support and process the transactions, and provide the services and support, that you have requested;
- To register and administer your membership in our loyalty programs;
- To verify communications from you, respond to your inquiries and otherwise communicate with you;
- For marketing and promotional purposes, including without limitation sending you promotional materials and offers that we believe may be of interest to you, and managing content and advertising;
- To enforce our Terms and Conditions and contracts with third parties;
- To send you important notices, such as communications about reservations and changes to our terms, conditions and policies (because this information is important to your interaction with The Parking Spot, you may not opt-out of receiving these communications);
- To prevent fraud and other prohibited or illegal activities or to otherwise comply with applicable laws and regulations;
- To protect the security or integrity of our Websites, Apps, services and our business and to investigate actual and alleged claims against us;
- To conduct auditing, analytics, data analysis, monitor and analyze Website and App traffic and usage, to compile analytics and aggregate statistics about our Websites, Apps, content and advertising campaigns, and to research and evaluate user needs;
- To support our business and services, including without limitation through lobbying efforts relating to our business; and
- For any other purpose that is permissible or required under the law, that is disclosed to you at the point of collection of personal information, or for which you provide your prior consent.
Payment information (i.e., credit or debit card number, cardholder name, expiration date, EPP code and billing address) is generally obtained only to process a specific transaction. However, members of our loyalty program may choose to link their membership card with a credit card to pre-fill online reservation forms and for convenience of payment. In either case, we only retain debit and credit card information in tokenized form. The Parking Spot may use IP addresses to provide aggregated data to advertisers about the volume of use on the Websites and Apps, to determine your general (but not precise) geographic location, to create and segment audiences and otherwise to target advertising, and to help identify and log potential malicious use of our Websites and Apps.
The Parking Spot may freely share and disclose aggregated and other non-personal information (including anonymized information and other non-personal information that is automatically collected as you navigate through and use the Websites) without restriction as permitted by law. The Parking Spot also may share your personal information with and disclose it to third parties for any lawful purpose, including without limitation to:
- Your company or organization if you use the Websites and Apps, register for loyalty programs, or use the Websites or Apps to make parking or car care reservations with us, under a corporate or commercial account;
- Our service providers and vendors who perform services or functions on our behalf, including without limitation hosting, data storage, data processing, security, payment processing, fraud prevention, debt collection, customer service, administering sweepstakes, surveys, advertising and marketing services, public relations, and email and mailing services;
- Non-affiliated third parties, including without limitation our co-promotional partners, marketing partners, program partners and other strategic partners, for our or their own marketing and promotional purposes and to administer loyalty programs;
- A buyer, successor, or other relevant third party in the event of a corporate transaction, merger, acquisition, consolidation, divestiture, spin-off, change in control, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us about the users of our Websites or Apps will be among the assets to be transferred;
- Other third parties in order to fulfill the purpose for which you provide it (including without limitation your credit card issuer);
- For any other purpose disclosed when you provide the information; and
- Others with your consent.
We reserve the right to use IP addresses to identify you and we may use and disclose any information about or relating to you, including any personal information about you, to third parties without your consent if we reasonably believe that such action is necessary to: (1) comply with a court order, search warrant, subpoena, or other legal process; (2) to comply with legal, regulatory or administrative requirements of any governmental authorities; (3) otherwise fulfill a government or law enforcement request for information; (4) establish, defend or exercise our legal rights; (5) protect or defend the Websites, Apps, users, or our subsidiaries and affiliates, and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, attorneys, agents, contractors, licensors, and partners, in connection with any actual or alleged legal action, claim or dispute; (6) respond to claims that any posting or other content of our Websites or Apps violates the rights of third parties, including without limitation providing information necessary to satisfy the notice and counter-notice procedures pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act; (7) in an emergency, to protect the health and safety of our Websites’ and Apps’ users or the general public; or (8) enforce compliance with our Terms and Conditions or other contractual obligations.
- Cookies that are necessary for the Websites and Apps to work and/or that enable you to navigate through and take advantage of our Websites, Apps, and their features;
- Cookies to request HTTP header information in order to make our Websites function correctly, to personalize content presented to you, to better understand how our users use the Websites and Apps and how we can better serve your needs;
- Cookies to enable features and functionality such as the online reservations process (for example, to remember dates used in reservation searches and to fulfill the reservation), remembering your preferences, allowing members of loyalty programs to sign in without typing their passwords, and personalizing your pages;
- Cookies to track customer response to our advertisements and content;
- Cookies that determine whether your browser is able to receive HTML email messages so that we can determine the appropriate format for you to receive and read email communications from us;
- Analytics cookies to provide data about how users interact with Website and App content and advertising campaigns, such as how many people use our Websites and Apps, which pages and features they visit and use, how long they stay there, how visitors come to our Websites (e.g. through a link from another website or via a search engine), and also to collect information about how users use our Websites and Apps. Analytics cookies may be used alone or in conjunction with unique identifiers, pixel tags, web beacons, scripts, and other tracking technologies to collect information about you when you use the Websites and Apps or interact with our ads on other websites and apps.
- Advertising Cookies to manage, target and serve ads through third-party advertising technology when you visit our Websites and use our Apps and when you visit other websites and use other apps.
o Third parties, including advertising networks and other vendors, also may use anonymous identifiers, cookies, pixel tags, beacons, scripts, and other technologies, to track and collect information, including non-personal demographic information, about you and your interests and activities when you visit our Websites and other websites or view or interact with one of the advertisements they place on various websites or mobile platforms. The information gathered by these third parties is used to make predictions about your characteristics, interests or preferences and to display advertisements and content on our Websites and across the Internet tailored to your apparent interests. This is known as interest-based advertising. We allow third-party companies and others to collect certain anonymous information when you visit our Websites and use our Apps. These companies may collect and use non-personal information (such as, for example, hashed data, click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. Demographic or other interest data may also be associated with your browsers or devices when you use the Websites and Apps, and such data may also be used online to serve you advertisements targeted based on your presumed interests.
o We also use information collected through cookies, anonymous identifiers, pixels, web beacons, scripts and other technologies to collect, analyze and segment data from websites and other sources to help us provide more effective advertising. For example, we may use data that is available from public or commercial sources and combine it with other data we have collected or received about a user or the user’s device. We work with third-party advertising service partners and platforms that help us provide more effective advertising by, for example, helping us to deliver ads to people who are most likely to be interested in seeing them, keep track of the number of users who saw a particular ad or visited a particular page on our Websites or Apps, and analyze the effectiveness of our ads. While the companies we work with may change from time to time, click on the following links to learn more about the practices of some of the companies we may work with and the choices they may offer with respect to advertising: Lotame, LiveRamp, Adacado and The Trade Desk.
- Social media cookies may be placed by social media platforms (such as Facebook, Twitter, etc.) for authentication purposes and/or to collect certain information about your visits to and use of our Websites and Apps through social media widgets. Such third-party social media sites are responsible for those cookies and how they process the data they collect and their practices are governed by their own privacy policies. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of the applicable third-party social media site before using their widgets or functionalities.
- Choosing the Personal Information That You Provide. You decide whether to volunteer certain personal information when using the Websites and Apps. However, while you can access and use the Websites and Apps without providing certain personal information to us, providing certain personal information is required to use some of the features, functionalities and services offered through the Websites and Apps, including, but not limited to, registering for loyalty programs, making a reservation, or participating in sweepstakes or other prize contests.
- Account Information. If you have registered for our theSpotClub® loyalty program, you can login to your account and may be able to change or update certain information and preferences to keep all such data accurate, complete and up-to-date. You also can contact us as described in the “Contact Us” section below to update certain information and preferences, but please allow up to four (4) weeks to process requests such requests. If you request that we delete required account information from our system (e.g. name, mailing address, email address or telephone number(s)), your account and all points in that account accumulated under theSpotClub loyalty program will be terminated without further notice.
- Cookies. You can set your web browser to refuse browser cookies or to alert you when such cookies are being sent. For more information on how to manage browser cookies, click here or check your browser’s Help menu. You also can check your mobile device’s built-in settings to find out how to turn off cookies on your mobile device. Some mobile devices also might store cookies in areas that are app-specific, which cannot be controlled by browser settings. Check your app settings options on your mobile device to find out how to manage or delete cookies that may be stores in these other areas. Although you may disable or refuse browser cookies and still access the Websites and Apps, disabling or refusing cookies may prevent or inhibit you from taking advantage of certain features or visiting certain areas of the Websites. Please also note that disabling or clearing cookies may affect cookie-based opt-outs by either preventing you from using such opt-outs or clearing cookie-based opt-outs that you previously set, in which case you would have to revisit the applicable pages and renew your opt-out after clearing cookies. Managing cookies also will not disable non-cookie technologies present on the Websites and Apps.
- Promotional Emails. At any time, you may opt-out of receiving future promotional emails from us by following the “unsubscribe” instructions contained in any promotional emails that you receive from us. You also may contact us as described in the “Contact Us” section below if you want to opt-out from receiving future marketing emails from us. Please note that it may take up to ten (10) days to process your opt-out request. Please also be aware that even if you have opted-out of receiving future promotional emails from us, you may continue to receive certain communications from us, such as transactional or relationship messages, and messages about your account and profile. Please also note that we may not be able to remove your personal information from the databases of those third parties to whom we already provided your personal information as of the date of your opt-out request
o Some digital advertising companies also are members of the Network Advertising Initiative or the Digital Advertising Alliance, each of which offer a single location to opt-out of certain ad targeting from member companies. To learn more about interest-based advertising generally as well as your options for opting out, please visit http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/ or http://www.aboutads.info/choices/. Please keep in mind that even if you opt out of receiving ads tailored to your apparent interests, you will continue to see ads from online advertising networks. However, those networks will not be able to apply any of your apparent ad preferences and the ads that you see therefore may be less relevant to your interests.
The Parking Spot, its service providers and other third parties also may use web beacons and pixel tags, which are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, that are placed in the code of a web page. These technologies may be used, for example, to allow The Parking Spot and its service providers to send emails to you in a format you can read and to count users who have visited our Websites or used our Apps, seen our ads, opened our emails or clicked on any links in our emails. These technologies also may be used by The Parking Spot and its service providers to better target and personalize ads and to track ad campaigns. For example, pixel tags, web beacons and other technologies may allow third-party ad networks to recognize a unique cookie on your web browser or mobile device. This enables us to learn which ads bring users to our Websites and Apps. The information collected may tell the third-party ad network what other websites you have visited that are associated with the network. This information may be used for the purpose of managing, targeting and personalizing ads on our Websites and Apps and other websites and apps based on those interests.
We, our service providers and other third parties may analyze the information derived from cookies, pixel tags, web beacons, scripts and other technologies and match or combine that information with data provided by you or collected or received from public and commercial sources. Please note that to the extent that third parties are using pixel tags, cookies, beacons, scripts or other tracking technologies on our Websites and Apps, The Parking Spot does not control the use of those technologies or the resulting information, the use of which are governed by the privacy policies of those third parties.
The Parking Spot encourages parents and guardians to spend time with minors online, so as to be fully familiar with the websites they visit and the apps they use. Our Websites and Apps are not directed to individuals under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13, do not use the Websites or Apps and do not provide us with any personal information of any kind whatsoever. The Parking Spot does not knowingly obtain and does not wish to collect personal information from individuals under the age of 13. We also do not knowingly solicit or contact children under the age of 13, and we do not knowingly allow children under the age of 13 to use our Websites or Apps. It is possible, through fraud or deception, that we may receive personal information from an individual under the age of 13. If we are notified or otherwise become aware of this, we will take reasonable steps to delete that information in accordance with applicable law. If you are the parent or guardian of a child under the age of 13 and you believe your child has provided personal information on our Websites or through our Apps without your consent that you would like us to delete, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to us at: The Parking Spot, 200 W. Monroe St., Suite 1500, Chicago, IL, 60606,Attention: Legal Department.
The Websites and Apps may include social media features such as the Facebook “Like” button, widgets such as a “Share This” button, or interactive mini-programs that run on our Websites or Apps to provide specific services from another company. These third-party features may collect information about you, like your IP address and the page(s) you visit on the Websites or Apps, as well as personal information, such as your email address. They also may place cookies or other tracking mechanisms on your computer or device to, for example, enable the widget to function properly. Your interactions with these features are governed by the privacy policies of the third-party social media platforms that provide them. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of the applicable third-party social media sites before using their widgets and other functionalities.
Our TPS Shuttle App allows you to track the location of our parking shuttles at the airports we serve. To use this feature you must enable location services on your mobile device. If you choose to use this feature you will be asked if you want to use location services. If you agree, your geolocation (i.e., your latitudinal and longitudinal coordinates) will be sent from your device, allowing us to determine at which airport you are located. You are then prompted to select which of our facilities serving that airport you are using. We will use your geolocation information to show you a map of the real-time location of our parking shuttles serving the facility you are using and to locate you on our dispatch map so that we can see where and for how long you have been waiting for one of our shuttles. We do not associate your geolocation data with any personal information or share it with third parties other than to fulfill the purpose for which you provide your geolocation information.
Under California Civil Code Section 1798.83, individual customers who reside in California and who have an existing business relationship with us may request information about our disclosure of certain categories of personal information to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, send an email to email@example.com the subject heading “California Privacy Rights.” .” In your request, please attest to the fact that you are a California resident and provide a current California address for our response. Please be aware that not all information sharing is covered by the California privacy rights requirements and only information on covered sharing will be included in our response. This request may be made no more than once per calendar year. We reserve the right not to respond to requests submitted to addresses other than the email address specified in this paragraph.
You can manage your information in the following ways: