Plan The Next Exciting Spring Break For Your Family
Spring break is an exciting time of the year and the perfect opportunity to plan an adventurous family vacation. Family vacations are a great way for parents and siblings to bond and make memories that will last a lifetime. They also offer the opportunity to explore new places and cultures together and can be a great way to break up the monotony of everyday life.
Importance of Family Travel Is Priceless
Traveling together as a family is priceless. One of the best things about taking a family vacation is that it gives you and everyone in your family the opportunity to spend quality time together. In today's fast-paced world, it can be difficult to find time to just sit and talk with your kids. A family vacation provides the perfect opportunity to slow down and focus on each other.
Family vacations also provide the opportunity to teach kids about different cultures and ways of life. Children who travel are exposed to new experiences and ideas, which can broaden their perspective and help them to become more open-minded and tolerant.
Traveling as a family will also build resilience in kids. At times, traveling can be challenging, and it’s a great way to teach kids how to problem-solve, be adaptable, and appreciate the little things in life. Whether it's a trip to the beach, a camping trip, or a visit to a theme park, the memories made on a family vacation will be cherished for years to come.
Plan In Advance Whether Flying or Taking a Road Trip
As with any journey or outing, planning in advance will make the journey more enjoyable. Traveling is stressful and with kids can be challenging at times, especially for small children and toddlers. If you are flying to your destination make sure you plan to reserve everything from your airline tickets, hotel arrangements, and activity agenda plenty of time in advance. This includes taking care of your parking needs with The Parking Spot .
Now, if you're planning to take a road trip , there are many ways you can make it fun, educational, and exciting for everyone. Here are five tips to make your car journey with kids a little less stressful and a lot more fun.
- Plan ahead: Before you hit the road, plan out your route and make sure you know where the rest stops and bathrooms will be. This will help you to avoid any unnecessary stops and keep the trip moving smoothly. Also, make sure you have everything you need for the journey packed in the car, including snacks, drinks, and entertainment for the kids.
- Make it fun: Traveling with kids can be a lot more fun if you make it an adventure. Encourage them to keep a travel diary, create scavenger hunts and play games like "I Spy" to keep them entertained. You can also plan some fun pit stops along the way, such as visiting a local park or playground.
- Keep them comfortable: Sitting in a car for a long time can be uncomfortable, especially for kids. Make sure they have a comfortable place to sit, with pillows, blankets, and a good selection of their favorite snacks and drinks.
- Be flexible: Traveling with kids can be unpredictable, so it's important to be flexible. If your child is having a meltdown, don't be afraid to pull over and take a break. A short break can make a big difference in how the rest of the trip goes.
- Give them responsibility: Giving kids responsibility during the trip can help them to feel more involved and can also make the trip more enjoyable for them. For example, you could give them the task of keeping track of the snacks or helping to navigate the route.
5 Exciting Spring Break Alternatives To The Traditional Beach Vacation
Whether you are driving or flying to your destination, spring break doesn't have to be the typically warm, beach vacation. There are exceptional spring break family vacation ideas that offer a variety of activities and experiences. Take a look at some out of the ordinary spring break family vacation ideas that offer something fun and exciting for everyone in the whole family.
#1 San Diego, California Offers Activities, Amazing Sights, and Family Fun for Spring Break
San Diego is one of the greatest family-friendly spring break destinations. The city offers a variety of activities, and the weather is typically mild in the spring, making it a great time to explore the city. Take a look at a few ideas:
- Visit the San Diego Zoo : The San Diego Zoo is one of the most popular zoos in the world, and it is home to over 3,700 animals from around the world. See rare sights including polar bears, koalas, pygmies, cheetahs, and gorillas.
- Take a trip to the USS Midway Museum: This museum is an aircraft carrier that has been turned into a museum, and it offers a variety of exhibits and activities for kids.
- Go to Balboa Park: This park is home to several museums, gardens, and cultural institutions, and it also offers a variety of activities for kids, such as playgrounds and a carousel.
- Take a tour of the USS Lexington: The USS Lexington is a World War II aircraft carrier turned into a museum and it offers a variety of exhibits and activities for kids.
- Legoland Resort: Legoland is an exciting exploration of everything Lego’s. Children of all ages will love all this resort has to offer. There is a theme park, water park, aquarium, two themed hotels, and an array of special weekend and seasonal events.
#2 A Family Spring Break in Dallas, Texas Offers Educational, Cultural Experiences
Spring break in Dallas for families is fascinating for all ages. Dallas is known for having the country’s largest art district, amazing barbeque, and gorgeous skyline, but this very big state has awesome cultural and fun kid-friendly things to see and do.
- Visit the Perot Museum of Nature and Science: This interactive museum offers hands-on exhibits, eye opening science demonstrations, and a state-of-the-art planetarium.
- Go to the Dallas World Aquarium: See and explore under the sea and enjoy exotic fish, birds, and other animals from around the world including rare sea turtles, whales and, angel fish, and sharks.
- Take a trip to the Dallas Zoo: The Dallas Zoo is home to over 2,000 animals from around the world including a komodo dragon and baby hippo.
- Explore the Fort Worth Stockyards: Kids can learn about the history of the cattle industry and see cowboys at work. They can also go through the fun and challenging Cow Town Cattle Pen Maze and learn the iconic two-step dance.
- Visit Klyde Warren Park: This urban park offers a variety of activities for kids, including a playground, splash pad, and food trucks.
#3 Yellowstone National Park Spans Three States And Has Amazing Things To See and Do
Yellowstone National Park, with breathtaking views, spans three states, Wyoming, Montana, and Idaho, and is a great destination for families to see and explore. Here are a few things to consider when planning a family trip to Yellowstone.
- Explore the geysers: Kids will be fascinated by the geysers in Yellowstone, especially Old Faithful, which erupts every hour or so. They can also learn about the different types of geysers and how they form.
- Go on a ranger-led hike: Rangers offer a variety of hikes for families, many of which are tailored to kids. These hikes are a great way to explore the park and learn about the different plants and animals that call it home.
- Visit the visitor centers: Yellowstone has several visitor centers that are great for families. These centers have interactive exhibits and displays that teach kids about the park's history, geology, and wildlife.
- Take a scenic drive: The park's roads offer plenty of opportunities to see amazing wildlife and stunning vistas. Some of the best drives include the Grand Loop Road and the Lamar Valley.
- Play in the mudpots: The park's mudpots are a unique feature of the park and a lot of fun for kids to explore. They can watch the bubbling mud and learn about the different types of thermal features in the park.
- Take a boat tour: There are boat tours that take visitors to explore the serene waters of Yellowstone, where you can spot different kinds of birds, fish, and other aquatic life.
#4 The Grand Canyon National Park Features Amazing Outdoor Adventures For Families
Planning a spring break family trip to the Grand Canyon will be a lasting memory for everyone. This popular and awesome National Park located in Arizona is a must-see destination for families to explore together. The immense park offers a variety of activities such as hiking, sightseeing, and river rafting .
- Take a mule ride to the bottom of the canyon: This guided tour is a great way to see the canyon from a unique perspective.
- Hike a short trail: There are many easy and short trails that are perfect for kids, such as the Rim Trail and the Bright Angel Trail.
- Visit the Grand Canyon Visitor Center: Kids can learn about the history and geology of the canyon through interactive exhibits and ranger programs.
- Nearby Lake Havasu is Arizona’s playground . Fill your days with jet skiing, mountain biking, and hot air ballooning.
- Take a scenic drive: There are several scenic drives that offer great views of the canyon, such as the Desert View Drive.
- Go stargazing: The Grand Canyon is home to some of the best stargazing in the country. You can take a ranger-led program or simply look up at the night sky on your own.
#5 Orlando, Florida, Disney Fun, and World Class Adventures
Orlando, Florida is a great family spring break idea for those looking for a fun and action-packed vacation. The city is home to many theme parks such as Disney World and Universal Studios, and the weather is comfortable and not too hot in springtime. Visit one or go theme park hopping to get the most out of your vacation.
- Visit Disney World : Disney World is the most popular theme park in the world, and it offers a variety of rides, shows, and attractions for kids of all ages. And of course Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, and all the beloved Disney characters.
- Go to Universal Studios : Universal Studios is another popular theme park in Orlando, and it offers rides and attractions based on popular movies and TV shows including The Wizarding World of Harry Potter.
- Take a trip to SeaWorld: SeaWorld is home to a variety of marine animals, including dolphins, whales, and sharks.
- Visit LEGOLAND : This theme park is designed for kids and features rides, shows, and attractions based on the popular building toy.
- Go to Gatorland : This park is home to hundreds of alligators and crocodiles and offers a variety of shows and exhibits including seeing a 15-foot-long crocodile known as the Bone Crusher.
Start Planning A Memorable Family Spring Break Vacation: Make Your Arrangements With The Parking Spot
Family-friendly spring break destinations are awaiting you! All you have to do is start planning today. Planning as much as you can before your journey helps you prepare for those unexpected issues. Your trip should be enjoyable from the very beginning to when you return home.
The Parking Spot can help. We offer friendly airport shuttle services, fully-fenced parking, near-airport parking, and valet services in some airports. If you are flying, once you’ve booked your airfare, reserve a spot with The Parking Spot .
Our services have made superior airport parking experiences easy and affordable since 1998. We are ready to partner with you, so your family's spring vacation is stress-free and memorable. Contact us today and learn more about our exceptional customer service including our convenient app.
Read the other articles in our Family Travel Manual
- Where are kid play areas inside the airport?
- Ideas for keeping kids busy while flying.
- What are the best vacation spots for kids and families?
- Tips for traveling with children.