Explore Baltimore/Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport (BWI)
Baltimore/Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport (BWI) has served millions of commercial passengers over the years, operating over 650 daily flights. It's one of the best-known airports worldwide because it has been used in multiple films, including The Silence of the Lambs and Goldfinger. With five concourses, it is a sprawling and efficient airport.
BWI serves multiple airlines, including Southwest. However, it also works with Air Canada Express, Air Senegal, Alaska Airlines, Allegiant Air, American, American Eagle, British Airways, Condor, Spirit, Sun Country, United, United Express, Frontier, Icelandair, JetBlue, Delta Air, Delta Connection, Contour, and much more. We're proud to serve this airport at The Parking Spot .
Services in the Main Terminal
BWI's main terminal provides many services that can help fliers like you get the high-quality help they need. These include:
- Information Desks
- Animal Relief
- FedEx Drop Off
- Postal Boxes
- UPS Drop Off
BWI Location and Address
BWI is located at 7050 Friendship Road, Baltimore, MD 21240.
Free Wi-Fi at BWI
Free wireless internet is accessible from every terminal in BWI in 3 easy steps. On your mobile device, select "#MyBWI-Fi"from the available networks. You will then see a WiFi splash page with information about terms and conditions, the WiFi provider and support options; select the red “connect” button. Confirm that you agree to the T’s & C’s and you are online.
One of the biggest reasons to fly out of BWI Marshall instead of DCA Reagan is cost. BWI Marshall is often cheaper than DCA Reagan due to competition among airlines and the fact that it is a larger airport with more flights.
BWI is the largest airport in the Baltimore-Washington metropolitan area in terms of passengers and flights. BWI Marshall also offers a wider range of flight options than DCA Reagan. It serves as a hub for Southwest Airlines, which offers a large number of domestic and international flights. Additionally, several other major airlines operate out of BWI Marshall, providing passengers with more options for destinations and flight times.
BWI is located in the suburbs of Baltimore, which can make it easier to get to and navigate, compared to DCA which is prone to traffic and congestion. While DCA Reagan is closer to downtown DC, BWI Marshall is easily accessible by car, train, and bus. It also offers a wider range of parking options and is less congested than DCA Reagan.
BWI offers several parking options at different price points, including a long-term parking lot and a daily garage. DCA, on the other hand, has limited parking options and can be expensive, especially for long-term parking.
Hotels Near BWI
When booking with The Parking Spot, you need to find high-quality hotels near BWI that can provide for your needs. A few of the most popular options include:
1739 W. Nursery Road, Linthicum Heights, MD 21090
Phone (410) 694-0808
815 Elkridge Landing Road, Linthicum Heights, MD 21090
Phone (410) 691-1000
7027 Arundel Mills Circle, Hanover, MD 20176
Phone: (410) 540-9225
829 Elkridge Landing Road, Baltimore, MD 21090
Phone: (410) 850-0600
7021 Arundel Mills Circle, Hanover, MD 21076
Phone: (410) 379-9000
940 International Drive, Linthicum Heights, MD 21090
Phone: (410) 859-3366
The Parking Spot can provide many deals and coupons for people traveling in and near these areas, so check out our site to learn more.
Attractions in or Near BWI
If you want to have some fun while visiting BWI, there are many different attractions that you can consider. These include:
- Observation Gallery (In the airport) An attractive observation gallery with fun exhibits and sights. (B/C security checkpoint in upper level)
- Meditation Room (In the airport) A comforting area where you can relax and meditate while traveling. (Behind the Delta ticket counter near the D/E security checkpoint)
- Art Exhibits (In the airport) A beautiful art gallery with gorgeous paintings and much more. (multiple spots, including near Gates D1-D5 just after security)
- National Electronic Museum (1745 West Nursery Road, Linthicum Heights, MD 21090) A museum highlighting electronics and their development. (2.0 miles)
- Oriole Park at Camden Yards (333 W Camden St, Baltimore, MD 21201) Watch a baseball game and see the Baltimore Orioles! (9.7 miles)
- The National Aquarium (501 East Pratt Street, Baltimore, MD 21202) An attractive tourist destination where you can see multiple exotic aquatic species. (10.7 miles)
Dining and Shopping
When visiting BWI, check out the following stores and restaurants to increase your fun:
- Fran's Organic Bodycare – A popular body care destination for BWI visitors.
- District Market – A shop providing local products for visiting BWI fliers.
- Einstein Brother's Bagels – A popular bagel destination that provides high-quality meals.
- Ledo Pizza – A Baltimore legend that provides delicious pizza options for fliers.
- Boar's Head – A tasty deli with local favorites and much more.
BWI Fun for Kids and Teens
There is a new kids playground in the hallway between Concourse E and Concourse D conveniently close to the Mother’s room and family restroom. There is a super fun model 747 to climb in and on and you can charge your mobile device on the seat while watching.
The airport observation gallery next the Concourse C security checkpoint fascinates kids of all ages. It includes a pilot’s eye view of the 33L runway and some additional play equipment.
Parking Options in BWI
Booking ahead when visiting BWI can ensure that you get the parking you need. Thankfully, The Parking Spot can help by providing reservable spots that are about 40% less expensive than parking at BWI Marshall. At The Parking Spot, we provide many benefits, especially when you join The Spot Club. These advantages include the following:
- On-call shuttle service 24/7
- Luggage help when traveling
- Free bottled water
- Soft Hands Car Care
- Short- and long-term parking
- Express check-in and check-out
- Shuttle tracking help
Mass Transit Options to BWI
Mass public transport options to BWI include Amtrak, MTA Light Rail, MTA MARC, Anne Arundel County Connector, MTA Commuter Bus 201, and MTA Bus Service.
Security Checkpoints in BWI
BWI airport provides multiple security checkpoints that can keep you safe when traveling. But, just as importantly, they provide numerous programs that can streamline your screening process and help you travel more quickly. These programs include:
- TSA Pre – A pre-screening security program that lets you speed up your security process.
- Global Entry – A global travel program that allows for quicker clearance for low-risk travelers.
- CLEAR – This biometric identification platform helps you move quickly through member-only lanes.
Whether you're on business or traveling for pleasure, these simple programs can help to streamline your travel process and improve your BWI airport experience. Talk with your booking agent about these options to see if you qualify.
Lounges and Clubs in BWI
Are you hoping to have a little fun on your next trip and need a lounge or club where you can relax at BWI? Thankfully, this BWI airport guide includes a few listings for clubs and lounges where you can relax, meet new people, and have adult fun. They include:
- USO Lounge – A lounge supporting military veterans and active duty armed forces members.
- Club BWI – Club BWI is a shared-use lounge that provides relaxation and productivity options.
These destinations are an excellent choice no matter what your travel needs. They work well when going on spring break with your family or serve solo travelers looking to meet new people and have a little more adult fun on the way.
Walkways and Light Rails in BWI
BWI has several connecting walkways and light rails that help make your trip easier and provide extra support when you need it. BWI also suggests several safety tips and suggestions when walking on their connecting walkways and light rails. These include:
- Always holding a child's hand to ensure that they don't wander away
- Avoiding loose clothing whenever possible
- Walking at a safe speed while on the walkway
- Carefully stepping on and off each walkway one foot at a time
- Planning your walkway usage and keeping a safe distance from others
COVID-19 Updates for BWI
Currently, the CDC does not require masks for people traveling through airports. However, BWI follows these guidelines and lets travelers wear masks if they want and provide mask options for visitors. Understanding their different options can help you plan your trip carefully. Make sure that you check the airport’s COVID-19 safety updates regularly to ensure that you know what to expect on your visit and when you reserve a parking spot with us .