Where to Park, Shop and Dine at DIA
Denver International Airport (also known as DEN or DIA), which opened in 1995, is the largest airport in the nation by area and the second largest in the world, occupying 52.4 square miles or 1.5 times the size of Manhattan. Its beautiful architecture and unique history make it a popular travel destination. It includes many unique places to dine, shop, and hang out. They make it one of the coziest and most reliable airports in the nation.
Fun History: Denver International Airport Conspiracy Theories
One of the fun aspects of visiting this destination is the wide variety of Denver airport conspiracy theories. For example, the Denver airport gargoyles are often considered symbolic of things as diverse as the Illuminati to apocalyptic visions. In addition, its artwork, including the giant blue Mustang horse, is frequently connected with DEN airport conspiracies. Some believe that the mafia or other questionable groups helped fund Denver airport construction and impacted its development.
These fun (and unlikely) conspiracy theories make DEN one of the top attractions in Denver , while its sheer size makes it one of the most heavily used layover destinations in the world. Suppose you're traveling to Denver International Airport for the first time and need help understanding its many amenities. In that case, this airport guide will make it easier to enjoy DEN or DIA without getting lost.
Centurion Lounge at Denver International Airport
When checking your DEN airport map, find the Centurion Lounge on Concourse C on the Mezzanine Level near Gate C46. This attractive lounge is open from 5 a.m. to 10 p.m. and provides a comfortable, relaxing place to hang out while you're at the airport. You can try some craft beers, eat food, and shoot pool.
Hotels Near DEN or DIA
Are you staying in the Denver area overnight and need a place to stay? There are many appealing hotel options. Make sure you check them out long before passing through airport security to ensure that you find a comfortable place to stay while in the city:
- The Westin Denver International Airport
- 8300 Peña Blvd, Denver, CO 80249-6310
- Gaylord Rockies Resort & Convention Center
- 6700 N Gaylord Rockies Blvd, Aurora, CO 80019-2198
- High Plains Hotel at Denver International Airport
- 7020 Tower Rd, Denver, CO 80249-7311
- Hyatt House Denver Airport
- 18741 E 71st Ave, Denver, CO 80249-7375
- Nils Haven Aurora
- 21264 East 59th Drive, Aurora, CO 80019-2198
- Days Inn & Suites by Wyndham Denver International Airport
- 7030 Tower Rd, Denver, CO 80249-7311
Airport Dining and Amenities in DEN or DIA
If you're hungry while at Denver International Airport, here are a few places where you can eat:
- Auntie Anne's Pretzels : Open at the C Gates near Gate C26, Auntie Anne's Pretzels provides inexpensive snacks and sweet treats that should help tide you over on your trip.
- Big Bowl : Open at the C gates near Gate C28, Big Bowl is a healthy Asian restaurant with freshly cooked foods.
- Pizza Hut Express : Open at the B Gates near Gate B21, Pizza Hut Express serves Italian favorites and Haagen-Daas ice cream.
- Mercantile Dining & Provision : Open at the A Gates near the center core, Mercantile Dining & Provision provides American-style foods and delicious coffee.
Fun for Kids and Teens at Denver International Airport
When traveling with kids and teens, try these fun destinations at DEN or DIA:
- Camp DEN : Take your kids here to build tents, color, practice the alphabet, do crossword puzzles, play bingo, and meet new friends.
- Events : DEN hosts multiple monthly events that vary depending on the season. They include kid-friendly options, like hands-on musical performances or arts and crafts.
- Art : Check out multiple Denver airport paintings and Denver airport murals throughout the facility to show fun and creative arts to your children.
Parking at DEN / DIA
The Denver International parking area has multiple parking lots and garages where you can store your vehicle. They include garages in the eastern and western portions of the airport as well as shuttle parking and economy options. However, The Parking Spot can help travelers find inexpensive and convenient parking that helps them avoid crowds. The benefits of booking with The Parking Spot, especially when using a coupon to save money , include:
- Lowest parking rates when booking ahead of time and prepaying
- On-call shuttle service available 24/7, no matter what
- Help hauling luggage from your vehicle to the shuttle
- Safe and protected parking in a comfortable facility
- Open 24 hours per day, 365 days per year
- Complimentary bottled water and other comfort amenities
Security Checkpoints at Denver International Airport
DEN or DIA has several security checkpoints , including the North Security point, the primary option for TSA PreCheck. It's open from 4 a.m. to 7:45 p.m. and includes PreCheck, CLEAR customers, Premium/Premiere Traveler Lanes, and three Standard Screening lanes.
The South Security checkpoint is open 24/7 and also offers TSA PreCheck . This clearance option is only available from 4 a.m. to 7:45 p.m., while all other South Security lanes are open all day. This checkpoint includes many of the same lane types as the northern gate.
Check Wait Times at Denver International Airport
Lounges at DEN or DIA
Denver International Airport has multiple lounges in each of its concourses where visitors can relax. They include the American Airlines Admiral Club, Capital One Lounge, Delta Sky Club, and USO Lounge in Concourse A. Concourse C has the above-mentioned Centurion Lounge.
In Concourse B, there are four different United Club lounges. They include options near gates B32, B44, B59, and B60. The latter is a Club Fly location that offers slightly different amenities and drinks. However, each lounge should provide otherwise similar amenities, such as food, snacks, and beverages for your kids.
Attractions to Visit Near Denver International Airport
Fun attractions to check out when in Denver include:
- Denver Mint (320 W. Colfax Ave., Denver) – The Denver U.S. Mint is the largest producer of coins in the country and a unique historical destination to visit.
- Boulder Beer Tap House (Denver International Airport, Jeppesen Terminal, West Side, Level 5, Denver) – This famous brewery is an excellent destination for a drink or a bite.
- Denver Art Museum (100 W. 14th Avenue Pkwy, Denver) – Check out over 70,000 pieces of art in this world-class museum.
- The Tattered Cover (2526 East Colfax Avenue, Denver) – Denver's largest and most beloved independent bookstore is a great option for the book lover in your family.
- Denver Botanic Gardens (1007 York Street, Denver) – Enjoy a beautiful outdoor adventure in a curated garden with unique tours.
- Climax Jerky (Denver International Airport, 7661–7741 Peña Blvd, Denver) – If you love beef jerky, Climax provides delicious options for your family.
- 16th Street Mall (Downtown Denver, between Wewatta St. and Broadway) – This popular shopping destination includes cafes, pubs, stores, and horse-drawn carriage rides.
Are There Moving Walkways and Light Rails at Denver International Airport?
DEN or DIA has a six-stop light rail line that stretches between the airport and Denver Union Station. This is a 23-mile ride, taking about 37 minutes from start to finish. As you travel along the light rail, you can stop as needed to shop, eat, or otherwise plan your trip.
Likewise, there are multiple moving walkways in the airport and its many terminals. They include walkways throughout the A Gates and Jeppesen Terminal as well as a passenger bridge. You get a nice view of the airport and its planes while traveling along these walkways.
The Best Ways to Get to DIA
If you can't use the train to reach DEN, you can book a ride with the RTD airport shuttle service . It works directly with Denver International Airport to provide smooth and efficient transportation. The Parking Spot also offers shuttle transportation to DIA from your booked parking spot to ensure that you arrive on time for your flight.
Make Your Denver International Airport Trip Much Easier
Make sure you download a DEN airport map before visiting this bustling airport. Doing so can improve your trip by helping you find great places to eat and shop, as well as the most appropriate Denver International Airport parking for your vehicle. Here are some other helpful travel apps Don't forget: If you're departing from Denver and need help to reserve a parking spot, The Parking Spot is here for you.