Packing for Business Travel
Preparing for a business trip can be tough. Whether you’re attending a conference, planning a presentation, or traveling with clients, packing is often the last thing on your mind. Yet, bringing the right clothes and shoes is often just as important as making the right accommodations. We’ve come up with a business travel packing list to make sure you have everything you need, from an extra pair of dress pants to breath mints. Use these tips and reminders to help take the stress out of your next business trip:
- 2–3 pairs of shoes: Women, make sure you pack a pair of comfortable flats in addition to your dressier pair of heels. Running shoes are also a good thing to throw in. Working out is a great stress reliever.
- Extra dress shirts and pants: If you spill or get too warm, a fresh outfit is a must!
- Business cards: Networking is always a big part of business trips. Being prepared with a few business cards helps people remember you.
- Breath mints or gum: When meeting a lot of people, you want to feel comfortable talking to them, even after lunch.
- Extra phone charger: During a conference, days can be long and taxing on your phone’s battery. Make sure you bring an extra charger with you so your phone doesn’t lose power.
- Wrinkle release spray: Clothes can get wrinkled from being in a suitcase. Wrinkle release spray will help keep your clothes looking crisp. Most hotels also have an iron and ironing board.
- Flash Drive: Giving a presentation? Make sure you can access it on your computer and have a back-up on a USB Flash Drive.
- Carry-on bag: Not checking a bag can save you time and money. Plus, chances are your trip will be short enough that you’ll be able to fit everything in a carry-on bag.
- Curling iron and hair straightener: Hotels often have blow-dryers but may not have other styling devices you use every day.
- Umbrella or raincoat: Weather can be unpredictable. Make sure you have something to keep you dry in case of a thunderstorm.