3 Digital Detox Retreat Tips
23 hours a week – according to research conducted by Live Science, that’s how many hours the average user spends online and using digital tools. While technology helps to improve our daily lives, like any good thing, it’s possible to have too much of it. It’s important to take a break from all things digital now and then to slow things down and just relax. Take The Parking Spot’s advice by taking a digital detox retreat and holiday. There are several benefits to unplugging and taking a digital detox holiday, including having the opportunity to:
- Get your creative juices flowing
- Nurture your relationships with friends and family
- Clear your mind
- Mountain Sky Guest Ranch in Emigrant, Montana – The breathtaking views, gourmet meals and wide array of activities available including yoga, fishing and massages make this the perfect destination to relax, unwind and get back to basics. This luxury resort is family-friendly, so feel free to bring the entire family to help show them the importance of togetherness and in-person social activity.
- Camp Grounded in Anderson Valley, California – Get away and be a kid again at the Camp Grounded retreat. This adult-only camp urges visitors to swap their computers, tablets and cell phones for yoga, hiking, kickball, marshmallow roasting and other exciting activities that can help you re-energize, re-focus and have fun.
- Delete applications that you may be tempted to use during your detox.
- Let your friends and family know that you are taking a break from digital tools and the Internet.
- Utilize the “Do Not Disturb” setting on your phone or tablet to silence all alerts during your digital detox.
- Deactivate social media accounts during your digital detox.
- Set your phone to turn off after a certain amount of time.